The untold Story of Eldoret's Fast Rising Star.-Odi Wa Bondo

Born and bred in Eldoret Valentine Otieno Ochieng well know by his stage name Odi Wa Bondo is one of the most promising and a fast rising Genge-Trapp musician in Eldoret.

The untold Story of Eldoret's Fast Rising Star.-Odi Wa Bondo 

Though still at his teens, Odi wa Bondo has managed to cut a niche for himself in this unforgivingly tough Music Industry with a mass and a rapidly growing fan base with his most talked about and his first released song "Rombosa" - where he featured Morel and ATM [Directed and edited by Brersaw from Symphony media] currently at 267,000 streams on YouTube- His biggest breakthrough. (Song below)

Lets talk about your Music Journey..

First of all, I'm happy to have been raised by both parents. I was born and raised here in the ghettos of Langas Estate here in Eldoret. It was at this place that i got to attend my Primary Educations in a popularly school  called  Langas Primary School and here and then is when i started off my First Business.

Odi Wa Bondo 

After Joining High school, I became a Comedian before joining journalism Classes and later on a Dancer with the C4C dance crew, but Leaving High School I had to quit entertainment.

Who is "Odi Wa  Bondo"?

The name "Odi Wa  Bondo" popped up when still used to stay with my relatives in Bondo, a small town in Siaya County and it was during this times that my peers started calling me Odi Wa Bondo, majorly because of my ghetto Traits and when i came back to Eldoret I came back as Odi Wa Bondo- a hype man

In 2020 i released my first song Rombosa, Same year i got the name 'Odi Wa Bondo.
Odi Wa Bondo

You Recently released an Album, tell us about it?

My recently released Album is called "Genge ya Ghetto". It is my first Album.The albumn was produced in the Ghetto,hence the name. "Genge ya Ghetto". I the Album i have Featured various Artiste from different places.

Are you part of any Music Group?

Currently I'm not part of any music group. I used to be part of L.A Flex Group, of which I was the founder, but we both decided that every one should go as a solo artist.

As a musician, what has been your biggest challenge?

My biggest challenge currently as a musician is airplay. I would love to hear my music being played on respected platforms here in Kenya, if not at the International Space.

How Do You Feel About Eldoret Music Industry?

Concerning Eldoret Music Industry, all I can say is, Eldoret Music Industry is growing at its pace and things are changing compared to the days when i used to be a dancer.

Where do you see Yourself in the Next 10 years to come?

I take music as business, and in the next 10 years I'm seeing myself owning a record label, where I'm able to sign Different other Artistes.

Any Upcoming Project we should look forward to?

Yes! I'm to release "Niko Maji" Music video soon-one of the songs from "Genge Ya Ghetto" album.
Creative writer,marketer,Brand ambassador, Visual artist

Bornface O.Odhiambo

Creative writer,marketer,Brand ambassador, Visual artist

Previous Post Next Post